Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A political thought

I spend most of my time here writing about Religion. That is bad enough, so I do well to steer clear of Politics, the other unmentionable in polite company. And I will continue to stay out of it. Mostly.

But I want to say this: I am glad that Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of State. The world is in a mess, with war and the threat of war in a multitude of places, to say nothing of the economic problems in Europe and elsewhere. She has been going about her work of addressing these issues through diplomacy. She has been a steady and reliable presence in the Obama administration, dealing with as many difficult issues as perhaps any of her predecessors.

It may not be enough, but it is the task set before her, and she has my respect.

1 comment:

Tim Chesterton said...

Andrew, as a foreigner, I agree. She is definitely one of the most capable political leaders in your current administration. And to me, it says a lot that she was able to swallow her disappointment and pride after being defeated by Obama and accept a position under him.